MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
January 6, 2020
The board meeting was called to order by Kate Tyczinski at 6:05 p.m. Others present were Sara Wilson, Julie Barden, Lenny Glover, Betty Kastenschmidt and Kes Thompson. Lorrie Jansma and Kathy Jerome were absent. Motion by Kes and seconded by Betty to approve the previous meeting minutes. Motion by Lenny and seconded by Julie to approve the treasurer's report. Both motions passed.
1. Cookie Walk: Sara reported that we made $1,664.75 at the cookie walk. This is one of our best results.
2. Tai Chi: Sara advised that 27 attended Tai Chi classes this month. They are held on Tuesday at 5:15 and Wednesday at 9:00.
1. Reading Room & Savvy Senior Program: Sara reported that on January 15th a class will be held showing people how to make their own birthday cards. Marlene Kohn and Carol Zanto will be teaching the class. A discussion was held about putting the information on Facebook and the website.
1. New Display: Sara advised that a new book display is up titled "New Year's Resolutions" and new books are being displayed at this time.
2. 2019 Funds: Sara advised that we made $5,493.40 in fundraisers and we received $9,558.13 in donations.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
The board received thank you cards from Sara and Lori for the Christmas gift and bonus they each received. A discussion was held about giving Joy a gift for her service to the Library Board. Motion by Kate and seconded by Kes to get a $30 grocery gift card for Joy. The motion passed.
A motion to adjourn was made by Kes and was seconded by Betty at 6:25 p.m.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.