MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
July 1, 2019
The board meeting was called to order by Kate Tyczinski at 6:10 p.m. Others present were Sara Wilson, Julie Barden, Joy Waterbury, Kes Thompson, Kathy Jerome, Lenny Glover and Laurie Jansma. Betty Kastenschmidt was absent. Laurie Jansma, our new board member, was welcomed. Motion by Kathy and seconded by Julie to approve the previous meeting minutes. Motion by Lenny and seconded by Joy to approve the treasurer's report. Both motions passed.
1. Rummage for Reading Table: The rummage table made $40 in June.
2. Tai Chi: Sara reported that 6 classes have been held so far. 26 people attended the first night, so a second class was started on Wednesday mornings.
3. Preliminary Budget: The budget was reviewed and discussed. Sara advised that the County will work on a new contract with the libraries next year. Kes made a motion to approve the 2020 budget. Joy seconded the motion and the motion passed.
1. Reading Room: Sara reported that the plans to turn the reading room into the Savvy Senior Space are moving ahead. She plans to have about 6 months of activities scheduled ahead of time.
1. Display Table: The new display for July is "Books…. because there is room for improvement" and is filled with home improvement books.
2. Paint Your Junk: Sara will start promoting this fundraiser this month. A couple things have come in already and are on display.
3. Memorial for Dorothy Dickerson: Sara advised that we have received $1255 so far and it was decided that labels will be put in books as memorials to Dorothy.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
The Cookie Walk will be held on December 14th and the Silent Auction for "Paint Your Junk" will be held from August 12th to the 24th.
A motion to adjourn was made by Laurie and was seconded by Kes at 6:40 p.m.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, August 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.