MILL POND PUBLIC LIBRARY MINUTES
May 6, 2019
The board meeting was called to order by Sara Wilson at 6:07 p.m. Others present were Lenny Glover, Julie Barden, Betty Kastenschmidt, Joy Waterbury and Kathy Jerome. Kate Tyczinski and Kes Thompson were absent. Motion by Joy and seconded by Julie to approve the minutes for April 1, 2019. The motion passed. The Treasurer’s Report for May was reviewed and discussed. Betty made a motion to approve the May Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded by Julie and the motion passed.
1. Spring Fling: Sara advised that we made $857: $300 for rentals, $204 for food and $383 for the raffle. She also mentioned that Kes sent our surveys to the 12 vendors and has received 4 replies who said they would come back next year. Sara also kept a list of what we used and what we had left over. She also mentioned that more help is needed for set up on Friday night and for baking the potatoes Saturday morning. We will set the date for next year at our next meeting.
2. Rummage for Reading Table: Sara advised that we made $65.40 in March and $73.00 in April.
3. New Board Member List: The board has a list of 5 names that they reviewed, and Sara will start calling to see who might be interested in serving on the board.
1. Front Awning: Sara advised that the new awning was installed last Wednesday. $1,227.50 has been sent as a down payment and the balance will be sent now that the job is completed.
1. Display Table: Sara advised that the theme for May is "Hungry for a Good Book?" and several recipe books are on the table.
2. Paint Fundraiser: The next fundraiser was discussed. It was decided to call it "Paint Your Junk" in which everyone can paint anything they would like to decorate. We will then hold a silent auction from August 11th to the 24th. We will start promoting it in June.
3. Help for Story Hour: Sara asked if anyone could help with story hour this week. They are planning to have the children make gifts for Mother's Day, so they don't want to ask the mothers to help with story hour this week.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
There were no future agenda items this month.
Motion by Joy and seconded by Betty to adjourn the meeting at 6:45 p.m.
Lenora Glover, Secretary
The next regular meeting will be on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.